Post-COVID19 World: The Future
Searching for like-minded folks who also want to build a better world together?
Join us to connect with a global community who share similar passions as yours!
For the first time in human history, we are all experiencing a global crisis simultaneously. Travel has stopped. Borders are closed. Businesses are struggling. People stay at home. People are anxious, scared, isolated, lonely and insecure. Many are concerned about their loved ones and their future.
There are talks of an unprecedented economic recession that may impact all levels of society, regardless of race, religion, gender, nationality and status. While we cannot meet each other, we can still be connected. When we connect, there is much we can do together. This is a wonderful opportunity to reset and rebuild our world, post-COVD19, for greater connectedness, collaboration, and peace.
But we need to figure out... What are the building blocks that are needed to create this world? Where do we start?
In this final of a 2-session series, we will explore the topic of "The Future". What will life will be like after COVID19? Is this the future you envision for yourself and the future generation? Where do we go from here? Join us to listen and share your vision of the future and the actions needed to cultivate a more resilience community.
What is a Virtual Intercultural Circle?
Come join the Virtual Intercultural Circle, a platform for intercultural dialogue. The Virtual Intercultural Circle is offered as a safe space to share the global and local issues that matter us, to deeply listen to others, to learn of the diverse perspectives and provide support to each other where possible.
Here, we talk about global issues, raise and engage in different perspectives and support each other in taking action that is mindful of cultural nuances and preferences. This is a platform where we take back our power and become proactive in creating a better environment for us and the future generation. The Virtual Intercultural Circle is initiated by Ling Ling, Tai and partnered with Meital Baruch who believes that meaningful dialogue can bring about collective intelligence to explore complex problems and inspire coordinated action in tackling them.
Who is this for?
This Virtual Intercultural Circle is for
- community builders and leaders
- cultural connectors
- anyone open to hear different perspectives, learn from others and gain critical thinking, questioning and listening skills
- anyone who wants to practice their dialoguing skills in a culturally-diverse group
We will be running 2 Virtual Intercultural Circle sessions in the month of June, each session will be focused on different aspects of the month’s theme. For this session, the topic is about The Future, where we listen and share our vision of the future and the actions needed to cultivate a more resilience community.
June 26th, 5:00PM - 6:30PM, (+8 GMT)
- Use the time-converter to check your time zone: https://www.thetimezoneconverter.com
- We will send you log in details upon registration.
The other session this month will focus on:
- The Community (12 June 2020) - Hear stories of how different communities are coping with the pandemic and how they have changed.
- Sessions will be limited to 10 participants to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to participate meaningfully.
- These sessions will not be recorded. This is to maintain the confidentiality of the discussion and the participants.
- However, we will provide a discussion summary to those who have attended the session.
- Participants will also be invited to join our online community after attending the session. The purpose of the online community is to continue the conversation and support for each other’s growth, purpose, mission in building bridges and connecting cultures.
- Ticket sales will help support the facilitation of the current and future circles as well as help grow the community.
Ling Ling is an enthusiastic, engaging and articulate Intercultural Consultant, Trainer and Facilitator with Culture Spark Global. She has over 12 years of experience in the Technology, Travel and Non-Profit sectors. Her previous roles led her to develop and deliver training programs in 21 countries across Asia Pacific, Middle East, Europe and USA. Having lived and worked up in Malaysia, Australia, Canada, USA, UK and now in Singapore, Ling Ling has a deep understanding and vast experience of living and working across various cultures. Her multicultural experiences fuel her mission to build positive, inclusive and thriving organisations that bring out the best of everyone. She currently volunteers as a trainer with the Singapore Red Cross and as an Intercultural Dialogue Facilitator with Soliya.
Meital's expertise is focused on the area of Intercultural training and effective communication across global and cultural boundaries. Operating internationally and across multiple industries, she has been leading employees training and development processes for various organizations - supporting companies in creating, implementing, and managing tailored solutions comprising of team-based training as well as individual coaching. Combining Cultural Intelligence (CQ) and intercultural management skills with her corporate HR experience, and driven by a genuine will and passion, Meital is determined to help people and organisations in bridging cultural gaps, developing global leadership talents, and promoting a global mindset for the entire organization.